Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pretty in pink... isn't she?

I love 80's Brat Pack movies.  Breakfast Club, St. Elmo's Fire, Sixteen Candles.  Pretty in Pink was my favorite though- I wanted to be Andie.  She was a pretty red head, I loved her clothes, and she had a cool boss.  I wanted her to end up with Duckie, I thought Blane was a douche.  (Plus I liked Jon Cryer better than Andrew McCarthy!)

I put this polish on, and all I could think of was the lyrics to "Pretty in Pink" by the Pyschedelic Furs.  Good grief, I am old!!

This is Essie Mod Squad.  I like Essie, even though I only own three.   I really need to get more...




I think this may be a summer pedi color though- it is pretty, but very pink.   It is a happy color though!!

Until Later,
Amberski

4 comments:

MissMidnightBlue said...

Loving this on you! :)

♥beauxs mom said...

i also adore all the 80's movies and pretty in pink is my all time fave too!!! and i also wanted her to be with poor duckie lol thats so funny huh, love this pink its so pretty...

renee said...

I once read somewhere that Andie and Duckie were originally supposed to end up together, but the test audiences didn't like that so they changed it so she would end up with Blane. You can kind of tell by the somewhat thrown together ending that they changed it. I always wished she'd stayed with Duckie too. That color is great on you! Love it!

Dot and Lil said...

I LOVE this color. Pinks are hard to get right, in my opinion.